The John S. Diekhoff Award
History of the Award
The John S. Diekhoff Award was created to honor John Diekhoff, a former professor, department chair, Dean, and Vice Provost at CWRU. This Award honors four full-time faculty members for their contributions to the education and development of graduate students at CWRU.
Criteria for Selection
There are four Diekhoff Awards: two awards for Distinguished Graduate Teaching and two awards for Distinguished Graduate Mentoring.
JOHN S. DIEKHOFF AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED GRADUATE STUDENT TEACHING
The John S. Diekhoff Award for Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching is awarded annually to two faculty members that have made exemplary contributions to graduate students through work in the classroom. In order to be eligible, the professor:
- Must have a primary appointment in a department awarding degrees through the School of Graduate Studies
- Must have taught a graduate course in the last 3 years
- Anyone may make a nomination, including graduate students, professors, and student associations.
JOHN S. DIEKHOFF AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED GRADUATE STUDENT MENTORING
The John S. Diekhoff Award for Outstanding Graduate Mentoring is awarded annually to two faculty members that have made exemplary contributions to graduate students through advising and mentoring.
- Eligible professors must have a primary appointment in a department awarding degrees through the School of Graduate Studies.
- Persons making nominations should be directly advised/mentored by the professor.
Nominations for the award usually occur in January and February. A committee of graduate students reviews the nominations throughout February and March, and recommends the winners. Winners are typically notified in March or April.
Deadline for nominations are typically in mid-March every year.To view Diekhoff Award selection criteria and submit a nomination, fill out the Orgsync form. For any questions about the nomination process, please send emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a list of previous Diekhoff Award winners, click here.