The criteria for recognition or your organization by the Graduate Student Council include:
1) Membership must consist of at least 50% graduate students and have at least one advisor who is a member of the CWRU faculty.
2) Membership must be open to all CWRU grad students (although a subset of students can be automatically enrolled as members as per organizational bylaws).
3) No restrictions for membership based on handicap, race, religion, age, sex, gender identity/expression, color, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, or status as a disabled veteran, or other protected veteran under US Federal Law.
Some of the perks include:
1) Right to reserve CWRU facilities at a reduced cost.
2) Affiliation with the University.
3) Use of the campus mail service to distribution of materials related to the organization.
4) Use of the University copy centers (although the cost will be charged to the organization).
5) Opportunity to use program-planning resources of the Office of Student Activities and Leadership, including Sparta Center. Get more info about Sparta Center here: https://orgsync.com/128252/chapter
6) The right to request funding from GSC for events! (Up to $500 per semester!)
In order to become a recognized organization, you must register your organization through orgsync underneath the Graduate Student Council umbrella.
If you already have an orgsync portal, all you need to do to renew your recognition status is update your profile information to reflect the new executive team and any changes to your organization's constitution. That's all it takes! My goal is to get as many organizations registered as possible and take advantage of the wonderful support of GSC!
If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org